Solutions to global warming do exist. They are here now. Many are low-tech and low-cost. And they are something that you can be part of.
At Change-Making.com I explore grassroots environmental solutions and how they fit into everyday urban life.
The Ecosystems Approach
When you dive deep into “environmental solutions,” you begin to realize that the ones that count (the ones that work) have one thing in common. They all come back to ecosystems – learning about ecosystems, helping restore/rebuild/support ecosystems, and shifting our lifestyles (and our culture) away from the desecration of ecosystems.
No matter where you are on this site – whether it’s a how-to garden booklet, details about change-making projects we’ve created, or a blog post about divestment from fossil fuels – everything here has a unique spin: I’ve created it to reconnect you to ecosystems.
It’s all about living a better life: more fulfilling, more interconnected, more pleasant, AND better for the planet.
What do you want to do?
“I want to be a better gardener.”
- how to grow abundant harvests of rich, nourishing vegetables
within a tight city footprint without a lot of gardener time and without having to buy a lot of “stuff”
- what vegetables to plant when in Southern California
- raised versus sunken beds
- a quick introduction to Permaculture
- gardening for birds, butterflies, bees
“I want to join other local people in projects, events, and change-making.”
- volunteer at the Community Garden at Holy Nativity (contact)
- events in Westchester/Los Angeles
- bake pizza or bread at the Westchester Community Oven, an adobe-and-cob oven
“I want to save water.”
“I want to take action on global warming.”
- climate-solving tips
- ClimateSolvr smartphone app (about)
- what we can do as grassroots citizens
- divestment from fossil fuels
- creating social change, creating change within communities, helping people change their perspectives
“I want to read heart-warming stories about people who are change-makers.”
I’m always developing new stuff. And the folks who are the first to know about it are the ones who subscribe to my Change-Making News. These lucky folks hear about things that never get out to the blog, social media accounts, or the Environmental Change-Makers’ “events” list. So hop on over and join me there right now!