What’s wrong with it:
- the water is not necessarily better
- fossil fuels and carbon footprint
- plastic and downcycling
- the entire use-it-once-and-throw-it-“away” mentality
And there’s more …
- read about how bottled water companies are stripping water resources from our mountain ecosystems (Sierra Club pdf)
What you can do …
- use reusable containers (carry your own mess kit).
- don’t get distracted by the dizzying array of water bottles for sale. remember that’s runaway consumption too! you only need one, and you can make do with something as simple as a mason jar.
- use tapwater (unless you know for sure that location’s tapwater is polluted)