Given the problems we face, what are possible scenarios for the future? Here’s a look at some of the big picture visions of what could be done about the economy.
In critiquing these resources, I was looking for writers who acknowledged the full reality that developed countries will have to do some significant adjusting downward — both in expected volume of economic transactions and in material lifestyles — before we can stabilize to a level where the “without growth” part can realistically take place.
- Herman Daly: Steady State Economy
- Stoneleigh: Debt and Energy
- Tim Jackson: Prosperity without Growth
- James Gustave Speth: Economics and Political Action
- Helena Norberg-Hodge: Going Local
- Charles Eisenstein: A Gift Culture
- Framework from the New Economics Foundation
- Joanne Poyourow: An Economic Ecosystem