Economic contraction is the inevitable companion to climate change and peak oil.
Economic contraction is a “game changer.” As the economy we now know crumbles, the far-reaching repercussions will sculpt every aspect of our future.
In my opinion, any long-term plan must anticipate that it will unfold amidst a world of long-term economic contraction. We have to plan for it, and put alternative financial tools in place to weather it, or it will undermine all of our other efforts.
It is important to understand the Problems, because unless we do, we have no basis to evaluate proposed fixes, to determine which ones are truly Solutions.
- Seeing through the Smokescreens
- Possible ways off the Mountain
- The Economy and ecological footprint
- Five planets worth of consumption
- Symptoms of the beginning of economic contraction
- Coping emotionally with economic contraction
- Why is acknowledgement of economic contraction vitally important?