Are you ready for LOTS of rain? Sounds like it is headed our way this winter.
That’s why on Saturday November 7, we’ll be preparing for rain at the Westchester Community Oven. Come learn about water drainage, how to install a french drain, and how to correct your grading.
This will be a hands-on workshop, and we’ll talk as we work. The fun begins at 1:30pm and will continue until 3:30 or 4.
- Come dressed to get dirty.
- Sturdy, closed-toed shoes are strongly recommended.
- Sunhat and/or sunscreen recommended.
- consider bringing a sweater, because we will be outdoors the entire time.
- BYO cup or water container. filtered water is available at the site, however the kitchen is under renovation so we have no dishes.
- If you have comfortable garden gloves, you might want to bring those too.
- teens are welcome, but this event is not a good match for small children.
If it is actually raining (lots of rain, or muddy conditions) this event will be postponed. If it is just cloudy/drizzly/threatening, the event will continue.
Please RSVP so that we know how many people to expect
Even if you cannot attend, here is a good checklist to prepare your home and family for the storms.